Best Practices for Acing an Interview Video-Style
As we continue to see a heightened number of video conferences happening during this time, we thought it would be helpful to share a few best practices on how to ace an interview video-style!
1. Get ready just like you would for an in-person interview. We recommend erring on the side of "more professional" especially for video interviews. Grab a blazer or a nice button-up.
2. Be sure you choose a quiet space with no distractions (coffee shops or highly trafficked areas of your home probably aren't the best choices). Ensure the background behind you is clean and simple.
3. Test out your video software beforehand (yes, even if you've used it a million times!). Sometimes technology is unpredictable, so ensuring everything works well ahead of time will make you feel more at ease and your interview will go smoother because of it.
4.Ask questions about the company's office space. Since you're not able to physically be there to see it for yourself, it's still very important to get a sense of the office so you can visualize yourself working there on a daily basis.
5. Have a copy of your resume in front of you so you can easily reference it if needed. For that matter, grab a glass of water in case you need it, too!
6. Smile! Show that you are engaged and listening.
If you have any questions about your video interview, please reach out – as always, we’re happy to help!
March 16, 2020