Do you desire both professional development and financial growth in your career? Do you want to work with clients who just so happen to be the hottest Bay Area start-ups, pre-IPO tech companies and the most elite venture capital firms on Sandhill Road? Do you want to celebrate your wins with your team members at Sonoma wine tours, ramen cooking classes, company picnics and the Nob Hill Spa? If you’re determined to be in a role that will fast-track your career to Account Director (and more), then we want you on our team as a Business Development Representative.
Maven is an Inc 5000 boutique recruiting agency in the Bay Area specializing in temporary and direct hire administrative and HR opportunities. Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco and we’ve just expanded into the Peninsula!
As a BDR at Maven Recruiting Group you’re the connective tissue between our clients and our team of Account Directors. Your main objective is to prospect and cultivate new business relationships, assist with back-end sales support, and help drive the recruiting sales cycle forward. You will be the liaison between our clients and our internal recruiting team as you bring new opportunities and clients to the forefront for the Account Director team!
Here’s what it takes to be a Maven:
(1) You’re hungry for growth and new challenges.
This role is designed for you to directly impact the recruiting sales cycle while setting you up for success and growth down the road. You will get first-hand exposure to our clients’ hiring needs by leading sales calls, going onsite to meet clients in-person and getting a feel for the company culture and organizational structure.
(2) You are forever curious, fearlessly proactive and positively resilient in your outreach efforts.
We work in an exciting industry, and when it comes to business development, it will be your responsibility to help generate and maintain Maven’s book of business by researching prospects, adding them into our CRM, initiating outbound calls and/or getting creative by dropping off a gift to your prospect onsite!
(3) You believe in candid and real dialogue and your strengths are within client service.
As you prospect high-level managers and C-Level executives, you will be the first impression and initial touch point, meaning you set the tone for how the recruiting experience will be with Maven.
(4) You have the presence and charisma to own any room that you step into whether it’s Maven’s HQ office or a client meeting at the hottest startup!
Let’s be real: when it comes to business development, first impressions are lasting impressions, and sometimes all you have is one shot. Communication and presence matter.
(5) You enjoy setting ambitious goals and love the feeling of achieving them with your team members!
At Maven, we celebrate the small wins, too. When a team member wins, we all win, which means we’re popping bubbly on a Friday – but you’ll also see team members helping each other cross the finish line by sharing knowledge, advice and best practices.
(6) You are activity-oriented.
You love working hard and keeping busy, and you enjoy the satisfaction of giving something your all. You don’t stand around waiting for someone to tell you to do something; rather, you take the initiative to drive your own success and make things happen!
Compensation and Perks:
• Uncapped commission.
• 401k with employer match.
• Monthly cell phone reimbursement.
• Quarterly team outings for meeting team goals.
Bonus Points for the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Volunteer work, living or studying abroad, involvement in groups, community or activities or other leadership roles.
• Lifelong learner, never complacent – you’re constantly finding ways to self-improve whether that’s at the gym, taking a cooking class, listening to podcasts or reading new books.
• While staffing or recruiting experience is a nice-to-have, it’s certainly not a must-have as we have made several incredible hires with backgrounds in Retail, PR, Sales, Event Planning – the list goes on.
If this role sparks your interest, submit your resume and we’ll get the ball rolling!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.